engine hours meter failure

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Shankle

My engine hours meter on the tach has stopped working. I'm assuming the solution is to replace the tach, but wanted to get concurrence from the experts out there before doing that. The tach itself still works ok.

thanks,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

Ed : Why don't you call the company that made the Tac (Teleflex)??  Their tel is (914)907-1000.  Tell their customer service that you have a 0-4000 rpm and the glass face is flat (if your's is??) - that way they can identify it.  They can tell you if it's repairable or what.

Over the years I found the following to be true (Ron's Rule):
If you talk to the manufacture of an item you have a question about - you're talking to the "horse's mouth".  
If you ask the "INTERNET" that same question - you'll get an answer, but won't know which end of the horse is speaking!!     :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

captran

I have a 97 and it (hour meter portion) stopped too, several years ago.  Since I was in the Bahamas and wanted to keep track of my hours ASAP I bought a seperate hour meter and mounted it on a piece of plexiglass at an angle just under the fridge compressor.  It has been working great.  I probably would have replaced the tach as suggested but getting parts in the Bahamas is expensive and time consuming and even a long distance call is very expensive (at a buck a minute), so went with the quick and easy fix.  I suppose I should swap it out back in the states but since this is working well there were other things on my list.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Ed Shankle

Thanks for the laugh Ron; I can't wait to use that line!
I'll try the manufacturer.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA