Unwiring a solenoid

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Krawford

The solenoid that I installed a while ago is fried and I can't remember where the wires from the solenoid go on the terminal block.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Jim Price

Ken, I sent a couple of pics to your yahoo email address.  Check those to see if this is what you need.  I was not sure from your question, especially the part about the "terminal block".
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Ron Hill

Kra : What solenoid did you wire in?? to what??  :?:

All that a solenoid is is an electrically actuated switch!!
The wire/line that you want to control is cut.  One wire is attached to the "input" side and the other to the "output" side of the solenoid.  The the activating wire is attached to the top of the solenoid.  Either to the "C"ontinous or the "I"intermittent pole - depending what you're trying to do!!??!!   :idea:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Ken

Go here:

http://www.c34.org/projects/projects-glowplugs.html

I included the wiring diagram, scroll down to it.  It shows exactly where to replace the wires IF the solenoid fails.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : Kra didn't mention his hull #, production year or which engine he/she has.
If Kra has an M35 engine, there's already a built-in solenoid for the glow plugs.  That's why it's important to give info on your boat.  It saves guessing to why/what he installed a solenoid for.   :roll:
Ron, Apache #788