Steps for swim ladder

Previous topic - Next topic

pklein

I know someone has written about making steps to ease the pain on the rungs of the swim ladder.  Was this in Cap't Al's forum or some place else?  

I'm ready to do this project and would like to hear what others have done before I start cutting expensive teak. :p

Phill Klein
Andiamo #977
Montrose Harbor - Chicago

Ron Hill

Phill : I wrote something somewhere on your very question. Let me know and I can give you a couple of options.  ronphylhill@erols.com ;)

Ron, Apache #788
Ron, Apache #788

Ted Pounds

Instead of teak I used "brown" pressure treated wood from Menard's.  With a couple coats of cetol it looks almost as nice and it's much cheaper; that allowed for some trial and error.  I through bolted mine to the ladder with 1/4" SS bolts and self locking nuts.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

dave davis

I bought mine from the Catalina parts dept. 7 years ago. At that time the cost was 15$ for all 4 steps. They are made out of some type of white ceramic and were pre-drilled...They never will need finishing again. :D
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach

JulesIvan

I installed them several years ago.....bought a kit from Boats/US....teak and all of the hardware...just had to cut them to the right length. I do not know if they are still available but it is worth a look....they are still fine.

Al Watson

Yes, Phil, I DID DO A WRITE UP ON THIS AND THEY WORK GREAT
AL WATSON
KINDRED SPIRIT 55
SEE IT AT http://kindred-spirit.net/upgrades/ladder_rungs.html