Front Hatch ID

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

I'm thinking the hatch above the v-berth on my 90 C34 is a Bromar, but can anyone tell me the model?  The hatch has no riser arm(s) and I want to make sure I order the correct one(s).  From the Bromar site it even looks like there might have been two risers?  Thanks for any help.  I swear I'll try to cut down on questions after I get to visit my C34 in July, I'm just trying to stockpile parts for a quick week of projects.
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ron Hill

Rick : The reason you can't find your "V" berth hatch on the Bomar site is because it's a LEWMAR Rollstop Hatch!!

Not too sure what's wrong, but you can get a new hinge kit and/or a new lens -- MUCH easier and less $$ than replacing the entire thing!!

A thought.  :roll:
Ron, Apache #788

Rick Johnson

Ron - Thanks, that helps a whole lot! The issue with the hatch is that nothing holds the lid up when you open it.  The PO had a wire that he used to hold it open.  Does anyone know if this is a hinge or catch block issue?
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Mike Vaccaro

Try a search for "hatch replacement..."  you'll get some good information that will help you out.  Sorry, but I'm not computer literate enough to post the hyper links for you!

Cheers,

Mike
1988 C34 Hull #563
Std Rig / Wing Keel

Ed Shankle

I just spoke with the folks at Select Plastics in CT. this week. They do the replacement of the Lexan and also provide the hinge replacement.
If you want to replace the lens it's $405.
You send them the hatch cover, they confirm the work, and return it supposedly (I haven't done it yet) in 2-3 wks.
They also said that replacing the entire hatch will be more work than it appears at first, as the holes in the new hatch are not in the same alignment as the old ones.
You'll find them on the net: www.selectplastics.com

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

Rick : The hinge replacement kit will allow the Rollstop hatch as the name implies to open & stop at about 10 degrees, 45 degrees and 90 degrees.

It takes about 1-2 hours to install it.  I've done it a number of times.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788