GPS mounting bracket?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff McKinney

Hi to everyone.

I'm going to put a Garmin 192C Chartplotter (Internal Antenna) on my boat. I'd appreciate some suggestions on mounting bracket choices. The pedestal willl have the rectangular Edson instrument pod as shown in the Catalina brochure photos.

Wishing you a happy 4th of July holiday,

Jim Price

I have a Garmin 176C mounted using a peditstal mount arm provided by Edson that works just great.  But your device looks like it does not have the same base.  I would call both Edson and Garmin for ideas if someone else has not previously installed a 192C.  Good luck on the new boat.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

tstrand

I had a guest aboard this past weekend who brought his own GPS with a mount by "RAM Mounts." I thought it was so well designed and constructed that I just ordered one for myself. They make an impressive variety of mounts, it's all modular, and their prices aren't bad. Check them out at:

http://www.ram-mount.com/ or
http://www.rammountsdirect.com/

The first is the manufacturer's website, but the second is actually a better website for finding what you need.

Tim
Tim Strand
Calico #572
Santa Barbara, CA

Stu Jackson

Jeff

Congratulations on your new boat.  FYI, you are automatically a C34IA member for the first year you own your boat, Catalina Yachts pays for it.  Once we get their registration form on your boat, we'll send you the membership package.

Re: your considered Garmin application:  you may want to check with your dealer and find out if they can assist you with mounting options as part of the out of the box work they do for commissioning.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jeff McKinney

Jim: I called Edson. I think the guy I spoke to was not all that familiar with the pedestals & how things are set up on the 34. Options from them are limited & pricey. Have not tried Garmin yet, but will soon.

Tim: I'll give them a look.

Stu: I already talked to the dealer about having the yard do the install at commissioning. He said Edson & Ram were good choices, and he'd work with me on making & ordering one. I'm killing time by doing the research from my end. I'm looking forward to getting all the IA info. This seems like a great group!

Boat is supposed to arrive on 7/15. It's gonna be a looooong 2 weeks to delivery.  :cry4`