Propane switch

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Gendreau

On my 1992, the light within the propane panel switch does not illuminate when the switch is on. I assume the bulb is blown. It appears I can get a new switch from Seaward but are there any other vendors out there? Anyone know a compatible replacement ?  I'd like to find a local source.

Thanks
Roland Gendreau
Gratitude #1183
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Paul Bosquet

Coincidence, but propane light also went out on me this weekend. Can we change the light only??
Paul
ELIOSSO , ( Goddess of Lakes & Rivers )
C34, 1989, Hull #986

Roland Gendreau

I pulled the switch out of the panel to see if the bulb was replaceable but couldn't see any way of taking it apart to replace the bulb.  So I assumed the whole switch needed to be replaced.

While we're discussing panel lights, another mystery to me is why the anchor windlass light needs to be on all the time. Is there a way to turn the windlass power off?  The circuit breaker doesn't seem to let you do that, unlike the hot water heater breaker.

Roland Gendreau
Gratitude #1183
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Ron Hill

Roland : The light in the propane rocker switch is not replaceable.
You can probably get your new propane lighted switch from Seaward or also look at West Marine or an automotive store.  I believe that you have the smaller rocker switch.  Size/12v is what you're looking for.
Paul : If your 1989 is like my 1988 you need the larger lighted propane switch which Seaward told me they no longer stock.  I found that "Sea Dog" made a replacement that fits the hole perfectly.

Roland : On your windlass light, ask Seaward if they also have a on/off breaker that will fit. Then you could replace it with one like your water heater - check the amperage needed for the windlass as it's different from the water heater.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788