Mirrored Plastic Cabinet Doors in Head

Previous topic - Next topic

mhazlett

I have a 1988 C34. One of the mirrored sliding cabinet doors in the head is broken. I haven't tried to remove it. It seems stiff. Do I need to remove wood plugs and take the wood cabinet apart or are the replacements (does anyone know if Catalina has them?) pliable enough to bend in without taking the cabinet apart? I read something a few years ago, possibly by Ron Hill, suggesting merely reversing the door and installing the handle at the uncracked end but it appears to me the thing will crack if I try removing by bending. Thanks.

jentine

The upper track that the mirror slides in is deeper than the bottom track.  This allows you to raise the panel into it far enough for the bottom to be clear of it's track.  You can then slip the bottom forward and out.  This also is the manner of removal for all the other sliding panels in the galley and saloon.

sailor2mon

The reply you recieved is correct..they will just lift out. You can measure and have new ones cut at some Glass/hardware company's. They have the mirrored plastics as well as the smoked that is in the salon. Cheaper than Catalina's replacement.

Ron Hill

Mark : Send me a message and I can help you.  ronphylhill@erols.com

Ron, Apache #788
Ron, Apache #788