Cetol????

Previous topic - Next topic

RON SCHERER

I just finished refinishing the boards that go in my cockpit and they are just gorgeous. I put 4 coats of cetol on them which seems to be just right. Can I stop right there or do I have to put cetol clear on as the last coat or am I finished. What do you think???

Ron Hill

Ron : You can stop there after 3 coats of the Satin Cetol if you want.  
I find that a final top coat of Cetol clear really sets off the wood.  Ron
Ron, Apache #788

Mike Smith

Ron -

Did you use the new lighter color Cetol?

Mike

rappareems

I got best results from using the lighter cetol and then a final clear coat.
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

RON SCHERER

Mike,to ans. your ? I used Cetol Marine Light. Put on 4 coats and its beautiful I think. I do not want any more shine than I have. The reason I asked the ? is because I thought maybe the clear was a protective coating for the finished product. I really dont want to change what I have at this point but I also dont want to put in the time I did and not finish the job if you know what I mean. Im looking for longevity here as well as appearance. Any reason why I shouldn't stop where Im at if Im happy with what I have  :?:

Mike Smith

Ron -

In the past, I wasn't hysterically happy with the way Cetol looked (but I used it) until they came out with the Light version.  You just can't beat it for appearance and endurance.  Personnaly, I put a couple of coats of clear on it , but then, it's my boat.

Mike