Fleet start up???

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Regan

Hey you guys and gals, :D  :D
 Was wondering if there has been any movement towards starting a new fleet in your area. I would be interested in knowing just how many boats are in your area that may be interested . You know you only need 3 boats to start one and the association will pay you to $300.00  in start up costs to help with expenses incurred. Also there is a incentive of $ 20.00 per boat for anyone who signs up.This money can be kept in your treasury for whatever you need it for. How bout it Ray and Jack can we try to get one going soon? Remember if you need any help I'm there for you. It sure would be nice to see your new fleet number up there with the rest of us. So come on in the sailings fine. Keep Smiling. :D

Jack Hutteball

HI Gene,
I have a copy of the materials you sent and intend to send out a letter to those on the list in our area to see what kind of interest there is.  I just returned last week from a month back in Virginia, so have some catching up to do before I proceed with it.

Will let you know how it goes as I proceed.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Gene Regan

:clap  :thumb:
Excellent Jack
  That very good news. proceed as planned and if you need any help be sure to let me know. When I began I began Fleet 3 I used both email and snail mail. It was beneficial because some folks email had changes since the rosters were compiled and the respond to me by both methods. I also received phone calls back as well. Well good luck and thanks for the interest. Keep Smiling. .

wind dancer

Any update on the possibilities of a PNW fleet?
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Jack Hutteball

Great that you should ask.  Graig Illman, Espresso # 1150, is interested in getting someting going.   His boat is in Seattle also.  We discussed a couple of days ago about getting something started and thought about setting up a meeting after the first of the year when all the holiday bustle is over.  We are thinking maybe something around Seattle boat show time.  If you are interested we would have a fleet as it only takes three to start.  Let us know what you think.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Tom Clay

Jack

We may also be interested in the fleet. Currently moored in Olympia, but may move the boat further north next year.

Enjoy cruising through out Puget Sound.
Tom and Lynn Clay
2006 34' Hull #1760......Somewhere
Olympia, Wa.

wind dancer

Count me in as interested.  I'm probably the busiest I'm ever going to be ( I certainly hope so, anyway), but plan on carving more time out for sailing and cruising.

Jay

Craig Illman

Jay - where are you moored? I'm currently on I-dock at Shilshole in the Windworks charter fleet.

Craig

Jack Hutteball

Good to hear from both of you Tom and Jay.  Looks like we may be able to get something going here.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

wind dancer

Quote from: Craig Illman on October 05, 2006, 02:54:36 PM
Jay - where are you moored? I'm currently on I-dock at Shilshole in the Windworks charter fleet.

Craig

I'm at Fremont Boat on Lake Union.  On the waiting list at Everett, we'll probably move up there in a year or two.

Jay

Craig Illman

I'm on the wait list at Anacortes Marina. I'll probably move to a mooring at my sister's in Gig Harbor next spring until a slip opens up for me up north. What's Fremont Boat costing you a month?

- Craig

wind dancer

Base fee at Fremont Boat is $8.25/ft plus electricity and taxes.  Pretty good for the Central Sound and the people there are friendly and helpful.  They charge by boat length rather than slip-length, which is nice.  It'll be nice to save a few bucks when we move up north, though.

Ray & Sandy Erps

Craig and Tom,

I think Shelter Bay in La Conner may still have some slips available.  They've raised their rates for non-residents, but it's still a deal, just not as good a deal as it used to be.  360-466-3805.

If you fellas get a fleet going, we would be interested in North Puget Sound get togethers, even if we're not in a Catalina anymore. 

Ray
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Craig Illman

I just got a slip asignment at Anacortes Marina. I'm probably bringing Espresso up in mid-December, weather permitting. I'm looking forward to many weekends this next season on the "floating cabin".

Craig

Jack Hutteball

Craig,
Great news.  It will be good to have another C34 in the area.  You are going to love your "cabin on the Bay" here.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington