Extended Offshore Cruising

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

Gentlemen,  Thanks for the help!  Makes me happy I joined the site.  Does anyone know what would be the issues (and approx costs) of shipping a C34 from Atlanta to Corpus Christi?
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Stu Jackson

Some have trucked their boats round trip from Michigan to Florida and back for less than $4,000.  One way will require some juggling with the trucking company.  Should be reasonably proportional.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ted Pounds

When I bought Molly Rose in '95 I shipped her from Mystic, CT here to Chicago.  The cost then was $2400 plus $1000 for sending the truck back empty.  If I was more flexible with scheduling I could have saved the $1000.  Also cost about $600 at each end for loading and unloading, stepping mast, etc.  I used Brownell's out of RI.  They did a great job.      :thumb:
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Norris Johnson

My dock mate is moving his 32ft Westsail from Palacios (~ 140 miles East of Corpus) to Charleston, S.C. He will cost him $3500.....Norris
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas