Variable pitch props

Previous topic - Next topic

bthomas

I have a terrible time backing my #1436 Mk II (3 bladed prop) and want to install a variable pitch prop to solve my problem. I hear they do a good job of overcoming the prop walk problem in reverse and are also more efficient in forward.
I would like to hear from others that have found relief with a variable pitch, problems encountered and the best makes to consider.

amoreau

Hi Bill, I too had a problem backing up with my three blade fixed. I found some helpful advice on this website and back up with no problem at all now.  I was taught to come to a complete stop, then give it a good shot in reverse for a couple of seconds then let off.  You then are going in reverse and can straighten out a bit.  Then give it another shot and let off.  You'll find out that you can back up fairly straight this way.
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

Admin

Bill -

There's a message thread on this message board at http://c34.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=508296417&f=318296417&m=695298248 that discusses these props.  I use mine for racing, but backing up is now a snap.

Dave Smith
webmaster@c34.org
Bear Territory #1421