Bleach in fresh h20 tanks

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Regan

:?:

Hello Everyone,

Recently saw a post on water filters and some of you mentioned adding bleach to the tanks. My question is how much bleach are you adding to the tanks on a fill up ?

Ray & Sandy Erps

From a website on emergency water purification:

1/2 teaspoon Regular Clorox Bleach per five gallons of water or eight drops per gallon.  Let stand for a half hour before drinking.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Stu Jackson

I enthusiastically recommend Peggie Hall's book, "Boat Odors," or something really enticing like that.  It's available on www.catalinaowners.com, or elsewhere.  We posted her head story on the FAQs years ago, and it is still available.  

Her book is the best and probably the only comprehensive guide to water and sewage (dare I say THAT? yuck... :roll: ) on boats.

Check the FAQs on the main C34 website, because some of that may already be there.  If not, buy the book.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

I add a cap full of regular bleach to the starboard tank and 2 caps full to the aft tank every time I fill in the spring.  Then I add a cap full to every (about) 25 gal. refill  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788