OBERDORFER

Previous topic - Next topic

PAUL T.

Happy Holidays everybody!!!!!  Can anybody please tell me where I can find the best price on an  OBERDORFER water pump. Thanx in advance...........PAUL

captran

got mine through Lewis Marine in St Lucie Florida.  I know they ship anywhere.  They also sell the gasket that sits between the face plate and the pump body.  I don't know if it's the best price, but it was very reasonable, I think about 125, but I'd have to check my engine log receipts to see if it's in there to be sure of the price.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Stu Jackson

Paul

The source is DEPCO.

This is already in the 1999 tech notes.

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Paul : Call DEPCO at (800)445-1656 - they're in Florida.  They'll ask you the model of your pump.  
Not having your hull # or year I'll guess that it's a "202-M15".  That model is distinctive in that it has 5 mounting holes, but only 4 are used.  

DEPCO also gives you the best price on Oberdoffer parts.
Ron, Apache #788

PAUL T.

Thanx for the quick comeback CAPTRAN,STU, and RON.  It never ceases to amaze me what a great website this is. The knowledge I have gained from you guys has allowed me to do things I never would have dreamed of doing on my own, and saved me thousands of dollars......THANX AGAIN PAUL #766......

Michael Algase

For general info, another place I have used for parts is Torresen Marine (www.marinedieseldirect.com).  Don't know how the prices compare, but I do know that an impeller is enough cheaper than West or Boat/US that it pays for the shipping, and it shows up at your door.
Michael Algase

Tranquilizer
'86 # 91, SR, FK

PAUL T.

FYI......... I just received my new water pump from DEPCO $220.00. Be advised that if you order one make sure that it is the new model. The number is N202 M-15, the faceplate has an "O" ring instead of the old gasket and the removable cam has been replaced by a molded in cam. It looks beefier. You might want to hold on to the old impeller shaft with impeller attached for a quick change in an emergency............PAUL