Boarding Ladder Tread

Previous topic - Next topic

korsu

I am sure this has been covered sometime or someplace but we are tired of hurt footies on the boarding ladder.  We saw Capt Al's project.  We would like to buy clamp on teak or plastic flat treads for the steps.  Anyone have a source. Thanks How and Barb

mvazmina

I found the plastic ones at West Marine, But I caution you to make sure they are fitted on very tightly. I have had them get loose and caused folks to slip when they turned

Ron Hill

They are listed in most marine catalogs in wood or plastic. Or make your own - keyholeing each end and secure from underside with U brackets.

Ron, Apache #788
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I tried a few years ago to order teak treads from BOAT/US, since they had disappeared from the West Marine catalog.  BOAT/US said they aren't made anymore, which leads me to believe you may need to make your own.

If anyone knows of a source for "premade" teak treads, please let me know.

I also bought the Johnson marine "half steps" in plastic (ugly brown, yech!)  but haven't installed them, since we haven't been using the boat much for swimming recently.  

I did get a one step ladder extender, which we did use successfully last year.  It pops on and off easily, and made boarding a lot easier since it puts a rung below the waterline.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."