Hot water with shore power, How to turn off?

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoaster1358

I want to plug in my shore power, but do not want the hot water heater to stay on.  How do I turn it off.  I have my batteries off but the water still stays hot.  thanks for the advice

Stu Jackson

wc

There is a water heater switch (breaker) on your electrical panel on the AC side.

Either turn all your AC off with the main AC breaker, or just turn off the water heater.

Your batteries have nothing to do with it.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Not sure about the MKIIs.  On the MkI, the A/C breakers are actually designed to be on off switches as well.  If you push the CB in, you should hear a click, then release and it will pop out cutting power to that circuit.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

rirvine

My MK II have an AC push button circuit breaker arrangement.   There is a AC push button breaker from for the AC supply to the water heaters.  On my boat they are clearly marked on the AC panel.

Ray

APACHE

West : Hot water comes from 2 sources : The engine and AC shore power.  The batteries are NOT connected to the water heater.  
You have a fixed thermostat so there's only one temperature setting and I wouldn't trust it to shut off by itself.  
In fact I only turn mine on for about 15/20 min. and then turn it off as that bugger really heats up - and fast.  :wink: