IMPORTANT SIGN ON INFORMATION - REACTIVATE

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

I've received a series of "Help" emails from people who have had trouble "re-signing" onto this upgraded message board.  

When we switched it over, there was an  IMPORTANT MESSAGE  on the main Forum page, that was, in hindsight, not immediately apparent.  You had to scroll down to read it.

So...just to refresh:

The entry to the website (main home page: www.c34ia.org) does not require a password.  Or a username.  

The ONLY sections that require user names and passwords are the Online Tech Notes and this message board.  

The message board, now accessible through the new "FORUMS" line, uses your own made up password and the username is also up to you.  

You shouldn't be having trouble getting on, either for the Online Notes (the assigned username and password from the Association) or the message board (the one YOU make up).  Phil Imhof, our new webmaster, posted the instructions for the new message board, and here's how you get THERE:

If you go to Forums on the BLUE background at the top of the main website (Home Page) NOT the underlined Forums on the left side, you'll get this message:

Moving Day is here!!

We have moved to a bulletin board system on the new website. All the messages (hopefully) have been transferred to the new system. All the logins for users exist as they did on the old message board at Infopop.

You will, however, need to reactivate your username.

This is the procedure to follow: 1. When you get to the Login screen at the message board, click on the "log In" and then the  "I forgot my password" link.2. Enter your username & e-mail address as requested on the screen.3. Check your e-mail in a few minutes. You should get a message. 4. Open the message and click on the link to activate your user ID. You will get a message that your  ID has been activated again. 5. Write down your new password as noted in the e-mail message. 6. Go back to the Message board login screen and login with your username and new password. You will be able to change your password to something else after you have logged in. 7. If you experience a problem, and things don't go the way you think they should, don't hesitate to e-mail me at:                                

webmaster@c34ia.org or excalibur@mssa.org.      

To summarize:

Tech Notes Online:  you need to be an Association member to get the username and password.

Message Board: follow the instructions above.

Hope this helps.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Please note that this topic is VERY old, but may be of use to some members.

Phil Imhof is NO longer part of our association, having moved to another boat.  Also use THIS for the link to the webmaster: 

c34webmaster@gmail.com
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."