Need to locate new Deck Caps for Waste, water & fuel

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad Vanino

Hi

I tried several local marine stores to purchase new deck caps for my waste, water and fuel. I bought new ones a few years ago, but do not recall where I got them. They were plastic & were color coded. I prefer white metal. Does anyone know where to get them as I am told that they are an odd size?

Thanks.

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Conrad : If you C34 is a MKI try the address that Stu listed.  I just bought some new "water" (color BLUE) and they were $17.95 each + shipping.

If you haven't done it - change out the entire fuel fill to stainless.  The old plastic cap tends to crack and allow rain/hosing off water to entire the fuel tank.  There have been many articles in the Mainsheet on this topic.  I also wrote one on changing the fuel fill to stainless.  Easy access as you can get at the hose and bottom of the female fitting by taking out the engine instrument panel.
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

I bought replacement caps for my water tanks a couple years ago from Catalinadirect.  The old one were cracked, but had held their blue color.  The new ones came in a nice shade of blue, but have now bleached themselve a dirty white.  They are still quite functional, so I'm not going to replace them.  But you might want to consider some sort of clear coat to protect the color.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Ken

I did, too.  They'll look somewhat better longer if you lather them up in sunscreen.  I do the same with any bungee cords that are left out in the sun, and they last longer.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : The new blue water fill caps are made of a different clear blue "plastic".  Only time will tell if they turn into the white glaze like the older ones did.  :?:
Ron, Apache #788