Seeking Advice for new Doyle Stak-pak main

Previous topic - Next topic

rxc

I bought a new main from Doyle this past winter - the Stak-pak model, with full battens.  They sent me the sail without instructions, and when I called them, they said that I should lay it out and look at it, and it would all make sense - they used to send out instructions, but they had too many literal-minded engineers(!) who found errors in the documentation, so they have stopped sending out instructions.  As an engineer whose business involves significant issues of procedural compliance, this response did not endear Doyle to me, but I gave it a shot, and I figured out how to do the install, and it is now up, pretty much.

However, I can't figure out what to do with the line at the aft end of the sail cover, or the two cringles that are installed into the cover at that end on each side of the zipper.

Also, the lazy jacks are much more fussy than the home-built ones I had previously installed.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this system, and have any tips or tricks?  I like the concept of the sail, and it looks like it was put together well, but there must be some tricks to make it work a little more smoothly.
 :confused:

AL Lohman

I have a copy of our 1995 Doyle Stack pack manual.  I will be happy to fax it to you if you send me an e-mail with your fax number.  Just give me a couple of days as the manual in on the boat.