Cutting Board

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Costan

where can I find a picture of the cutting board ?

I searched under projects with no luck.....

I'd like to see it "in place".....

thanks

Stu Jackson

Brad

The picture got lost in translation from the message board to this board in the past week.

Sorry.

It looks great.  Just imagine a perfect fit on the starboard side galley sink with great wood.l

I bought one, will post a flick when it arrives.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

John

You mentioned you put on eight feet.  Where did you locate them?

With ours, I figure four ought to do it, one each side about halfway.

What do you think, and how well does yours work?

Thanks,
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

john meyer

I don't want to sour this thread because it is a great idea at a great price.    However, I'm baffled because my board arrived and doesn't fit in my standard sink, (Hull #1393).  I'll have to do some cutting around the cold water "handle".  I'm sorry the picture is no longer available because I could swear  we had the same faucet - but my memory could be wrong.  I know I recieved the same board- I talked to the same friendly girl when placing the order and my board is the same dimensions as previously described.  Maybe just one for the Twilight Zone.  It'll be a great addition once modified and I want to thank John again for the info. :lol:

Ron Hill

John : Don't be baffled!!
I'll bet that you have the same cutting board in the picture and the same  C34 faucet fixture. What you are experiencing is the "Catalina production line WILL move on".  
I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of the standard C34 sink and thru in a substitute sink!!!!  They do that with everything else - why not the sink!  Smile  :)
Ron, Apache #788

Jim Price

I received mine and not having the photo for reference, I went brain dead and forgot about the mounting feet.  Since the board did not fit perfectly, (Hull 1119) I routed off two corners, notched out for the faucet and now board fits perfect!  But on top of sink flush with counter top so it still does not go flying off.  Guess if I had photo and re-read the initial threads, I could have save time by fitting using feet.  What ever... :roll:
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

jrgrabmeier

My cutting board arrived but did not fit.  Corners are wrong, width is wrong, faucet is wrong..  I suspect my sink came out of Catalina employee's lunchroom when they remodeled back in 1992.   Boat #1205

Norris Johnson

I had to modify my cutting board also. Looks like the newer boats have a little different sink and faucets.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas