Good Bye

Previous topic - Next topic

jentine

I have enjoyed the cameraderie of this site for the past several years, but all good things come to an end.  We have sold "Jentine", so we will no longer be taking place in these discussions.  We are not leaving sailing, but are negotiating for another boat.  The Beneteau 393 appeals to the Admiral and that is probably the direction we will take.
It has been fun.  I have recommended this site to the new owner for his edification.   I have never met him, but do not believe him to be too mechanically inclined.  
Sue and I have been on a nationwide motorcycle trip for the past month and a half and the Jentine was sold during our absence.  One day, while somewhere in the mountains, I checked my voice mail and there was a message from the new owner who was on his maiden voyage, but neglected to top off the fuel tank and was sucking the muck from the bottom of the tank and was stranded in the middle of Long Island Sound with no wind and no engine.  He was the victim of my failure to follow the wisdom of the sages of this board - CLEAN THE TANK AND REMOVE THE SCREEN.  This was on my to do list for this year.  Well, it is now on his mechanic's to do list.  All I could do was pass along the wisdom of those who came before me.
It is for these reasons that I bid you a mixed farewell.
Good Bye
Jim Kane

Stu Jackson

Jim

It's been a pleasure having your input and advice over the years.

We'll miss you.

All the best, fair winds.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."