Shower Head

Previous topic - Next topic

sselinger

I have a 1990 C34 and my wife hates the shower, because there is no way to turn it of without closing both the hot and cold water valves and then having to reajust them to turn it back on. My old C27 had a shower head with a on-off button, but the c34 with the spray-stream control does not. I have tried to find a new head, but I have been unsucessful. Anyone have any suggestions?

Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Denny

Steve
   I also had the same problem and found a new shower head at a RV place like the Camping World chain stores.  It screws right into the old fitting and works well.  I also epoxyed a hardware store plastic shower head holder to a head wall to hold the shower when in use.  Otherwise I was just spraying the inside of the head and very little water got on me.
Good luck
Denny #142 Turning Point

Denny

Ken Krawford

Steve,
I added a similar on/off switch as described in the above posts.  If I remember correctly, I bought mine at Home Depot.  I don't know if they still carry it or not.  It was only a few bucks and works great.  It also saves water!
Ken
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Stu Jackson

Grohe Head Faucet Shower Turn Off

This is a picture of the shutoff valve, part # 28 035 000 "Shut off for shower heads".  Just got one for $20 list

Cross link to more pictures:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,8120.msg56668.html#msg56668

For the picture,
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Works great.

Not a full shutoff, as some have noted, but a sure water saver.  Turns off 94.4% (engineer-speak!!!).

Recommend checking the lineup of the faucet head before tightening the parts:  may need some extra thread tape to have them lined up and tight.

Great addition, like microwaves, wonder why I put it off.

Any ideas on how and where to mount the assembly on one of the walls to use as a shower?

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Mike Lofstrom

I was able to find what looks to be the same valve at the local Home Depot.  The one I got is made by Delta, part number SB-131D.  I removed my shower head and took it with me to make sure it fits.  The threads are standard 1/2 NPT.  it was very easy to install, but when I shut the valve off with the water on, the hose leaks like a sieve.  I guess the rubber hose inside the metal jacket is shot.  So....My next project will be to find a replacement for the metal jacketed hose.  If I can find a hardware store replacement, I'll post the number as well.  

Mike

mike lofstrom

After an extensive search, I was able to find a replacement for the shower hose at the local plumbing supply house.  (None of the big chains had one that had the right end fittings.)  They ordered an original for me.  The Grohe part number is 28-112, It was about $40.  It has a 3/8 NPT female on one end, and a metric M15 x 1.5 male on the shower head end.  

Mike

Ron Hill

Mike : I put the Grohe part # for that cut off on this message board at least twice - myself :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Guys,

There seems to be a disconnect on the parts #.

My original post, before the switch over, had a picture of my head.

Hope they both work (i.e., the model #s).

mike lofstrom

Sorry Guys,  I guess I wasn't clear in my posts.  I used a delta part for the shut off valve, and then I had to replace the metal hose because it leaked.  For that I used a Grohe part.  

The delta shut off valve is a standard home depot part. (Much cheaper than Grohe)

The hose is a Grohe part.

I posted both of these part numbers in my earlier posts in case anyone needs them in the future.

Hope this clears it up.  

Mike