Opening Port Leaks

Previous topic - Next topic

Norris Johnson

Having trouble finding postings I had up on the FIND option yesterday. It was from 2002 or 2001 and it discussed changing the o-rings on the opening port latches. I need the size. He got the o-rings from McMaster-Carr catalog. I tried "opening ports", "Mcmaster-Carr", "o-rings" and many other words with no luck. Couldn't get the search function to work on the home page. Any help would be appreciated, especially from you, Stu. Thanks.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

Norris Johnson

Ok, I found the posts. It was under "Lewmar portlight leaks" Thanks anyway.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

Norris Johnson

I don't do the silicone thing annually, but I have done it a couple of times in the last 3 years. I have been using a silicone grease that is waterproof. I don't think it's the main gaskets, looks like it is the small o-rings on the latches. I use the same thing on the hatches and they are fine. I'm not sure the dia. of the small o-rings is big enough. I may try two different sizes. Thanks Ron for the input.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

tandm

Norris: I bought a 100 cnt. pack of the o-rings from McMaster-Carr a couple of years ago.  Our boats are about 10 years apart so I don't know if you use the same ones.  I could not find my receipt but I still have the original package and it has 70 BUNA and SIZE 2 X 12 written on it. Maybe you can give them a call or search their web site to figure out the part number.  I don't remember the exact cost but I believe it was under $10.00 and maybe even  under $5.00.

Norris Johnson

I ordered a 100pk today. It was 7.70 from McMaster-Carr. They are Buna 2mm wide and 12mm ID and they will be shipped today. If they don't fit, I'll reorder and still won't be out much money. Thanks, td
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas