Nicro Solar Vents

Previous topic - Next topic

Ran139

I am looking to install Nicro Solar vents in my MKI above the head and aft cabin. I know the round 2000 model will fit. Dooes anyone know if the square 3000 model will fit? I am concerned about the curvature of the cabin top in this area.
  Thanks for the help!

Mike Vaccaro

Ran,

Concur with Ron.  Recommend that you leave both the head and aft cabin doors open to allow intake through dorade vents and exhaust through solar vent.  We've found the one vent in the aft cabin to be sufficient when the boat is unattended (in Forida--hot and humid) and leave the small bomar open (most of the time) when the boat is occupied.  Could always add another small vent in the hatch, if required.

Cheers,

Mike Vaccaro
"Spirit" '88 Hull 563

Paul Blumenfeld

I have the Nicro Day & Night 2000 4" vents that are not working. One in the head, another in the aft cabin. They are underneath a dodger so I'm not sure if there is even enough light for them to work if I replace them. Since they didn't work when I bought the boat I'm not sure how valuable they are.  Are they worth the $150 each to replace?  

Ron,
Is there a Bomar hatch that will fit into the existing Nicro 4" "snap-in" fitting or do I need to install a new deck flange?

Paul
Ali'ikai
Ali'ikai #312
Channel Islands, CA

Gene Regan

Ran,  

Have the hatch Ron spoke of in the head and 4inch solar in aft cabin, you know where my boat is just go aboard and check the out.
 They work well in conjunction with dorades open. In addition I leave 2 small clip on fans running at all times blowing fore and aft.With dodger up I can even leave the hatch in the head open a smidge for more air flow when were not there.
 Hope to see you and Lynn soon on the river.

DavidComando

I have the Bomar Hatch in the head under the dodger which we leave open whether on the boat or not, and 2 Nicro solar fans, one in the head, the other in the aft cabin. I was wondering if there is an upgrade to make the solar fans a "day and night", by adding solar charged batteries?

Ted Pounds

Dave,

I don't think there is an upgrade for existing fans.  The only option I know of is what I did - replace the whole fan with a new day/night version that has the batteries.  Cost was about $100 ea. on sale.  The old ones weren't working anyway (the kids sat on them one too many times  :() so that was the best option for me.

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

DavidComando

Ted,
Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait till my Nicro vents quit venting. I sprayed them with WD-40 yesterday to minimize the noise and they kept spinning and spinning and ...
Dave