Battery Shack alternator

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty

Stu,since you are going to remove the Automac and if it is in good working condition, do you want to sell it when your upgrade is completed ?

Stu Jackson

AutoMac

Monty

Sure, would be glad to.  I also have the instructions and can photograph the wiring connections for you and provide an "as installed" wiring diagram.  I assume you still have the stock alternator.  Might be a while.  Why not contact me at sec@c34.org.

You also might want to check this out:

http://c34.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=search&s=329609511&reqWords=automac

This particular post, found in that referenced, has a lot of other links to discussions on this board about this subject, batteries and alternators and chargers:

http://c34.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=329609511&f=829605811&m=567605215&r=342600625#342600625

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ray & Sandy Erps

Hello Stu,

In light of David Price's recent experience with his alternator purchase, I was wondering how you were doing with your alternator.  I've been sitting on the fence on which alternator to go with and was wondering if you've discovered any problems with your choice.  I recollect you saying it was a "used" alternator but that also means it's already proven and the price looked right.

Ray
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Stu Jackson

Ray

It's not "used" although I guess "rebuilt" also means used.  What they do is completely rebuild the interior of the alternator, so the only part that's used is the case, everything inside is brand spanking new, plus a new pulley.  If you read Jim's post referenced above, he explains it in more detail.

I'm still designing the system, so can't tell you about my physical progress on the install (yet).

But Jim Moe had these built specifically to, one: fit, and two, to not need to mess with the bracket.  (The "mess" with the bracket is really NOT an issue, since a small file and some twenty minutes of work would fix the issue.)  The fan blades are just a tad smaller than the Balmar fan blades, so they don't hit the bracket.

I have no reason to believe that it won't be a perfect fit, which is why I bought it in the first place, plus, the price was right.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."