Boat launch today!

Previous topic - Next topic

isabel98

Tuesday 8 AM Isabel got wet. The new exhaust does't leak, and her steering is tight. Motored around for an hour to make sure all the air was out of the cooling system. At first she heated up to 180, but I guess the thermostat then opened and she held 160 all the way. I bled air through the petcock at the top of the thermostat. Dodger put on today and sails tommorow. With the help of this website I was able to make many important repairs, here is a short list. New exhaust, muffler repair, steering adjusted, new rudder bushing, adjusted packing glands (shaft and rudder), tightened keel bolts, re-bedded stantions, started to work on the rudder, but a comprehensive repair to it will have to be next year, and many small misc. jobs. I'm extremely happy with my decision to buy this boat, there was much to be done, but this resource made it all easy. Thank you to all the members of C34.org! PS, I consider myself a bit of an expert on these repairs now, so if you have any questions, I'll gladly respond. skisail42@aol.com :)