Vedor for bow and stern pulpits

Previous topic - Next topic

jenanm

Fellow boaters:
I am new to this BB so forgive me if this information is in the archives somewhere.

Yesterday I was on a race and one of the competitors tried to help me by hitting me in the port quarterpanel and removing a portion of my stern pulpit for me. Although the fiberglass damage was minor, the stern pulpit is mangled. Since the lifelines were attached to the bow pulpit, it was also pulled back a foot or so, and broke several of the welds. Bottom line: I need to purchase a new set of pulpits, both bow and stern. Does anyone know of a vendor in the Seattle, Washinton area, or is there a way I can order them through Catalina? My boat is hull #3, built in 1986.

TIA
Tom Madden

Rodney

Catalina has a bow pulpit for my '87 so chances are good you can just call Catalina parts. Have Visa handy...

Stu Jackson

I local friend recently had the same problem, and used a local metal fabrication shop.  He was pleased with the results and it was somewhat less expensive.  Shop around.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

jentine

Look at the website: www.minneysyachtsurplus.com.  They seem to have a generous supply of Catalina components.

Aquakon

Yeah, but did you win the race?

Rumours of my Death Persist

dave davis

The problem you might have with a ready made job is that the mounting holes and flange way not line up. If you get a local one made you have a better chance that you can use the same holes. I notice that there are several adds in 48 North Good luck... :rolleyes:
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach