Replacement Rub Rail Colors

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve S.

I have been seeing alot of discussion on rub rails lately and it has piqued my interest in replacing mine.  However, I have the "camel" colored hull and so only the tan will do.  (White would be weird and black too showy).   Has anyone ordered that color?  Is it a true tan?

I ask because my current rub rail is that yellow/gum eraser color and I would hate to order a new one just to find out the tan is actually the same gum eraser color.
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay

Stu Jackson

Rub Rails

My understanding is that for our generation of hulls there were only two colors, the tan and the gray.  White would only be for Mark IIs, but I seem to remember they are gray also.

The tan is your gum eraser color.  Only tan they made.

We keep ours looking OK by washing and then waxing them with Fleetwax, and they haven't gotten dark.

In this case, I'd call the factory and confirm.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Gene Regan

Steve.

During the summer I called Catalina parts and its available at , if I remember correctly 1.90 per foot, would like to do mine this year also. I'll be doing tan.If you call pleas update availability and price , FDont forget your heat gun and palmolive dish  soap

Gene Regan

Drink up, me'earties, yo ho

sgfahl

Steve,  I placed my order 10/16/03. Tan & Grey were the two choices given.  I payed  $1.60/ft and they sugested 78 ft.   I'm ready to go!   Need warm weather!     Stan Fahl

SteveLyle

Another great Mainsheet topic, one that gets talked about a lot, but never published as a 'how to' up to now.  Snap some pictures, explain how to do it, help your fellow C34 skippers out.  We're always looking for good material.

Steve