Prop and shaft antifouling

Previous topic - Next topic

rbeecham

Roc,

I have been using the Tempo product for the last two years and found it much better than not applying anything to the prop.  However, even after much cleaning of the shaft and prop, I still lost some of the material.  See you at the marina.

Dick Beecham                  rbeecham@comcast.net
"Refuge"
C34 MK II  Hull # 1430
Rock Hall, MD

skip

Roc-

Been using the Tempo on my MaxProp for two years and have had mixed results.    First year performance was good (not perfect) which I now understand was probably due to two very good coats of primer first.   Last year I suspect that my primer job was not as good as I had a more qrowth at the end of the year.  I seem to recall that someone told me that the Tempo spray was being discontinued.   Does anyone know for sure?

rbeecham

I removed and took home my prop this fall.  It has been cleaned and polished.  Does anyone know how I can determine if it is in balance.

I searched the internet, but cant find any instructions.

"Refuge"
C34 MK II  Hull # 1430
Rock Hall, MD

Roc

Dick,
I believe there is also a Black Dog Props location near Barnegat, NJ.

Here is the websiteBlack Dog Props

Regards,
Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

rbeecham

I have had Black Prop service my prop in the past and they are very good.  I was just looking for a simple way to check the balance myself.

"Refuge"
C34 MK II  Hull # 1430
Rock Hall, MD

Ron Bukowski

Dick,
I have a device at home which I use to check the balance of my lawn mower blade when I sharpen it. It is a cone shaped device made from plastic. The cone is stepped to various diameters to fit any hole size that might be in the blade.The blade is placed on the cone on the appropriate diameter shoulder and both are placed on the pivot point. The whole thing  balances on the pivot point and the blade balance is checked by "eyeballing" the way the blade may or may not tilt. Since it is accurate enough for a high speed lawn mower blade, there is no reason that it shouldn't be accurate enough for a prop. At least for a rough check.
Ron Bukowski
North*Star
#1071 (1990)

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Anybody heard of or tried any of these products?

www.barnaclean.com

I've written the company for more information, will post when they respond.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA