Wheel Size

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Price

Does any one know the dementions of the pedistal wheel for 91 / MK I?  I want to order leather kit for wheel and am out of town at the time.  Trying to save time.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

jentine

I just measured mine for the same reason.  It is 32" diameter and 2.75" circumference of the rim.  We ordered the cover from Boatleather in Seattle.  They may be found at www.boatleather.com. I have not received the unit yet as each is custom made for each customer's wheel.  I do know that the previous leather cover from Edson lasted four seasons before peeling off like sun drenched cardboard.

Jim Kane

Ted Pounds

Jim,

Do you cover your cover?  My boat had a leather cover on the wheel when I bought it in '95.  It also has a sunbrella cover for the wheel.  That has kept the leather looking as good as the day I bought it.  ( I also take the wheel off for the winter.)

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

jentine

The only time the wheel is in place is when I am sailing.  I remove the wheel every weekend and for the winter.  I did not get good service from the Edson wheel cover.
Jim

Jim Price

:DThanks for the responses and the lead to to boatleather.  Appreciate the "off site" help and thanks to Ron H. directly.  Once complete I will have under bimini when docked and also have wheel/pedistal cover anyway for instruments.  I expect mine to last long time based on "real" usage.  Now where do I get the money and explain to the Admiral :confused:?
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA