Windlass for single-door anchor well

Previous topic - Next topic

agbenoit

Hi,

I have looked at the project for a vertical windlass fitted to a double-door anchor well.  It looks great but doesn't look like that installation would work as well for a single-door well.

Has anyone added a windlass to a Mk I with a single-door well?

Thanks,

Tony Benoit
#903 '89

Stu Jackson

Anchor Windlass

Tony

I did a FIND on "anchor windlass"  and only came up with double doors.

Don't know if you've tried that FIND on this message board.

It may help you out.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Monty DeLoach

I am a Catalina 30 owner and installed a Sprint 400 verticle on my boat several years ago without splitting the door. I will try to get some photos this weekend and post them.For some basic information, I glued two pieces of 3/4" marine plywood together, cut the configuratrion of the windless in it and bolted the board into the anchor locker. It took a lot of planning and measuring, but it works fine.

This is a great message board for all boat owners and I have really gotten some great idesa from it.

Monty DeLoach

I meant to add that I did have to cut the configuration of the windlass in the center of the existing anchor locker hatch, but no reinforcing was required as the hole was not too big.

Ken Juul

I have pictures of the windlass that is installed in my single door 1990 model.  Send your email address to kenneth.juul@je.jfcom.mil and I'll send them to you.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Windlass

Ken

In addition to individual distribution, please consider sending your pictures and description to Mark Elkins to put on our Projects page for everyone to see.

Thanks,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

agbenoit

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

What's the best way to contact Catalina?  I tried email a while ago and got no response.

Tony Benoit
#903 '89

Stu Jackson

Contactintg Catalina

Tony

They'd don't do electronic communication very well.

Pick up the phone and speak to a live person.  Robert Butler has been very helpful.  Best to call in the mornings, California time.

Stu

Ken Juul

Can't find the post, maybe it was an email.  I was asked what kind of windlass do I have.  It is made by Maxwell. I don't have any supporting paperwork and didn't have time to pull the front panel when I visited the boat yesterday.  Comparing to the current Maxwell catalog the closest match is an "Anchor Max" mounted horizontally.  www.maxwell-windlass.com if the link doesn't work.
http://www.maxwell-winches.com/gen_anchormax.php?sub=dimensions
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA