New Catalina 34 owners

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave & Liz

Hello all,
We just completed the paperwork today and are officially Catalina 34 owners. (1990 tall rig, #1025) We sailed our 1984 Catalina 25 (fin keel, tiller steering, hank-on jib and outboard motor) for 3 years, then our 1985 Catalina 27 (fin keel, wheel steering, roller jib and inboard deisel) for 3 years and decided to skip the 30 footer for the 34 after reading all the 'good stuff' you have written about it.  We mainly day sail on Lake Michigan, but take extended weekend trips and at least two different week long trips a summer.  We look forward to joining the Catalina 34 Association and meeting up with our 'fellow sailors' as well as reading all the upgrades and suggestions from everyone. I guess I have rattled on long enough, bye for now.

SailDan

Dave & Liz,
Congradulations. The C-34 is a GREAT boat.  Where on Lake Michigan do you sail?
I see from your message that you do some extended sailing. If you're interested in an extended cruise next summer, several members of the Chicago region "All-Catalina Fleet 21" are planning a trip to the North Channel of Canada for July-August. Currently a number of "boats" have expressed an interest including some C-34s.  Check their web site at www.catfleet21.org for details.
Dan

[This message was edited by Dan Harrington, #1289, 1994, "Weal Sea" on December 30, 2003 at 11:44 AM.]

Gene Regan

Dave & Liz

HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAPPY NEW BOAT !!!!!!!!!
Welcome aboard mates. Keep in touch with the boards on your adventures

Gene Regan

gene regan