Service Light

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Bob

Does anyone have the phone number for Seaward Products? The Green Service Light on the Electrical Panel failed again, (second time in as many years). I believe the panel is made by Seaward Products but there is no listing for them on the Vendor Pages. Has anyone else had this continuing problem?

Stu Jackson

Bob

May Mainsheet, Tech Notes, page T10, C36 section:  phone 562-699-7997, fax 310-699-0908, 3721 Capitol Ave, Whittier, CA  90601-1732

Stu

PS  updated phone # with new area code   (11/13/2007)
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Good Luck with Seaward. They were helpful when I finally got throught to them.  Called about 3 times getting the dreaded voice mail.  No returned calls.  Finally got throught to a person, she sent me straight to the right individual....who by the way was not a choice on the auto transfer system.  May want to skip the auto answer service and go stright to an operator.  Good Luck.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Captain Bob

Ken, you were right on. Played voice mail tag for two days till I read your post and went to the operator. Played tag several times till I reached the operator then bingo right to the man who could help and yup he wasn't a choice on the voice mail system. He expained that they get calls all the time to replace these green service lights. He promised to send me several so I could replace them annually.
I would bet that if Seward were to use an 18 volt light rather than a 14 volt light they would never replace another light again. It seems that the initial voltage surge through the DC side may reach 14.5 volts, too much for the undersized bulb. Anyway, one of the reasons I like sailing so much is the help you get from companies that build boats and boat stuff. Seaward is no exception, once you get em they are wonderful.

Stu Jackson

Bob,  what's his name and what's his extension #?  Additionally, Ron Hill earlier suggested that same idea for a higher voltage light.  Suggested Radio Shack, but I haven't tried yet.  Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Captain Bob

Stu, I never got his name or extension but I will check once I get the invoice to see if it is on there. For our records the area code for Seaward Products changed so the correct number is 562-699-7997. I found they have a website too at http://www.seawardproducts.com/. It would be nice if they included e-mail addresses for information but no luck. Seaward Products Homepage