Accumlator shelves in main cabin

Previous topic - Next topic

natty b

This past Summer, at the behest of my wife, I put an additional set(s) of sliding doors above the set that came with the boat. If anyone is interested I will write an article for the Mainsheet. It's not cheap, but it can be done and it really cleans up the main cabin.

For those of you that have been breaking the sliding panels. I recommend Lexan and not using the std Catalina handles, I have begun to change mine out and I drill a 3/4" hole for openning and closing. No way to slam one panel into the others handle and crack the plastic. They bypass nicely.

SteveLyle

I'm interested!

#75, as one of the early boats, has no sliding doors at all, adding them has been a consideration.

Plus, the more Mainsheet material the better!

johnkountz

I am interested as well. Pictures would really help.

'89 #936 - Tranquility

natty b

OK Well I wrote the article and made some sketches. I will have some pictures developed soon whick I will put in the copier. Just send a stamped selfaddressed envelop to:
Bob Lasser
25 Tuxford Rd
Pittsford, NY 14534

Stu Jackson

MAINSHEET MATERIAL

Bob

Instead of mailing copies around, why not share it with all of us.

Greg Sherwood is the Mainsheet Editor.  Send it via email to him, and you'll get published in the Feb 2004 Mainsheet Tech Notes.

That'd be great.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mike Smith

Bob -

Also sounds like a great item for the Projects Page. Here is a link to the Projects Page where you will find instructions on how to submit it.

Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com

natty b

It's done and on the way to Steve Lyle. In fact he lives only 5 miles from me. There are pictures, sketches and a written how to do instructions. Also pictures of a microwave shelf I built under the nav station and a teak box to hold all those necessary little parts.

Bob