Outboard Motor lift... Ocean Marine systems.. any experience

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoaster

I need to buy a outboard motor lift... I have narrowed my search to Ocean Marine Systems which has an ad in the "Mainsheet" or Garhauer.

I like the looks better for the Ocean Marine unit, it costs $295.00 Vs $219.00 for the Garhauer.  

Does anyone have any experience with the Ocean Marine unit.  I care about looks, fit, ease of use, etc.  Thanks

Stu Jackson

A FIND on davit shows:

http://c34.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=329609511&f=829605811&m=559608803

Follow the trails to the answers.

I believe that the Garhauer lift is the best priced, most useful piece of equipment for this application on the market.

In addition to looks, examine carefully the ability to use the lift singlehanded.

As far as I've been able to see, only the reeving for the Garhauer lift is arranged to permit this to be accomplished.

And why is spending $295 better than $219?  You could also spend more.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Price

I know I should stay out this but this is just for additional information.  Maybe a vendor to not consider.  My PO installed a "Forespar Nova Lift I" on port stern.  It looked good and used port winch for additional load. I keep stored on shore - no motor.  BUT, has lift limit of 120# and since he left me all his papers, he paid $407 in 1999.  An alternative but why???
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

sail4dale

Have to get two cents worth into this discussion.  Take a look in Defender Catalog page 149 (2003).  The show a Forespar Motor Mate good for 100  lbs. @ $259.

Been using it for several years and it great.