Dinghy / tender registration

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

George Fogel

Where I live (SC) centers are supposed to be state registered if they have an engine. Yesterday I noticed an inflatable with USGC ####### on the bow. I'm pretty sure this was the main vessel's documentation number. Anyone familiar with this "registration" technique? Does it satisfy requirements?

Ron Hill

George : In most States a dink need to be registered IF you have a motor on it!!  You can call your State Dept of "Fishery s" and get a tel# for the registration.

Your question on the USCG numbers - it probably is the documentation # of the main vessel that it is a Tender To!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788