I can't follow links on this site

Previous topic - Next topic

suereal

I know the message board isn't for IT questions but it's all I can access. For example, if I go to C34 Tech Wiki then click a link I'm sent to a black page. I thought that maybe my membership had sunk so I went to Join again, same result. Have I been court-martialed, thrown off the island or banned? Any ideas would be helpful?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave & Pamm Monier
San Carlos Son. MX
Seaclusion
C34 #364, M25 XP #37 Oshkosh,WI
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read". Groucho Marx

Jon W

It's not you, there is a problem. I notified the webmaster, but don't know the current status. In the meantime I found a workaround to get to the projects in the Tech WIKI that works on my computer.

Click on the Tect WIKI link at the top of this page
Click on a topic link. It will take you to a black screen. In the URL name https://c34.org/wikiwp/ change it to https://c34.org/wikiwp/bbs/
It will take you to a page that says "OOPs! That Page Can't Be Found" at the top.
At the top of that same page look for the category "Technical", listed 3rd from the left. Hold your curser over it, and select Tech Wiki.
It will bring you to a Tech Wiki page. From here you should be able to navigate and look at the many write-ups folks have posted over the years.

Hope this helps.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

suereal

Dave & Pamm Monier
San Carlos Son. MX
Seaclusion
C34 #364, M25 XP #37 Oshkosh,WI
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read". Groucho Marx

waughoo

I am also experiencing this same problem.  I suspect it might have something to do with the termination of Flash support. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KWKloeber

It appears there's issues possibly with jumping from Wordpress to the straight html page version of the wiki.
There were issues in the past when the entirety of the TW pointed to the Wordpress versions and as a result that WP version was disbanded some years back.

You can get right to the straight wiki version of the Topics using:
https://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Catalina_34

Unfortunately the "Manuals" topic on the topics page still points to the Wordpress version.  I've tried to get that corrected for, let's see now, maybe 8 years? (to no avail.).
Do a search for "manuals" from the Topics page and you can find them thru the backdoor method.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

At first, I thought that it was happening just on a "device" because I'd been away from the laptop for several weeks.  Just now I see that it is happening on both Chrome and Safari browsers and, unlike on my "devices," cannot X out of the black screen of death.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

waughoo

I can confirm Ken's experience.  To navigate around the site, I have to directly enter the url.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jon W

Should be fixed now. After a lot of effort Dave traced it down to an old/broken flickr plug-in that's now disabled.

Ken, I asked Dave to look into the Manuals link problem you pointed out.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jon W on November 16, 2023, 02:27:35 PM
Should be fixed now. After a lot of effort Dave traced it down to an old/broken flickr plug-in that's now disabled.

Ken, I asked Dave to look into the Manuals link problem you pointed out.

Thx Jon!
You can ket him know that its simply that the Manuals link on the wiki home page points to the okd WP version and needs to point the same as all the other topics do.

Jon W

Hi Ken, I think the Manuals link is working correctly now. Give it a try.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jon W on November 17, 2023, 03:22:09 PM
Hi Ken, I think the Manuals link is working correctly now. Give it a try.

Hey Jon
It does point to the Manuals page now.  Thx

The link is in there as an "external" source, ipso:
* [https://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Manuals Manuals]

However to be consistent with all the other links on the wiki main page, it should be:
* [[Manuals]]

Jon W

I don't believe I have access to change it. At least it works now.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

I dontveither. -ds would need to.
I have no clue how it got changed, as it's the only one like that.

Jon W

I passed your request on to Dave to change it. He changed it this afternoon.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

waughoo

Thanks for fixing the black screen problem.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte