anchoring gear

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

I just purchased my Catalina 34 1997 model and will spend summers aboard mostly in the Bahamas.  The boat is 3000 miles from my home unfortunately, and I am very interested in hearing from others as to what they do re: ground tackle and storage of same.  Voyager has a dual anchor roller (I think I recall) with one bruce anchor.  I'm thinking about an Fortress fx 23 but I know that won't fit inside the anchor well and would like to hear from others what they do.  On my old boat (a Newport 30) I mounted the extra fortress on the bow pulpit, but will that get in the way of the furling gear?  All input would be greatly appreciated.  reply to group or e mail (remove "no_spam_"  Thanks

Stu Jackson

Captran

If you check the website search, you'll get over 50 hits on information about anchoring and gear.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

c34member

Have you checked the Fx-23 for fit?  I have an Fx-16 that is too small for the molded-in stock recesses (at least in the '00 model).  You might be in luck.

captran

someone else said the stock of the 23 is too long for the well so will need to rail or roller mount it