Just an update

Previous topic - Next topic

melp64

Switch picture
Dan
1987 catalina 34, universal diesel, lots of work to do

Steve McGill

Dan,

The pic you posted that shows the head sink shows the oem switch for the shower sump. The switch is to the right of the head sink access. It may also state that. That switch on  the head / nav wall was  all owner installed for what-ever. Good luck
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

waughoo

I 2nd what Steve says above.  That switch is not a "factory switch on the head/hanging locker bulkhead. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jon W

As Alex and Steve said that was added by a PO for any number of reasons. Do you have an electric or a manual/pump head/toilet? I ask because it looks like there is a small hole in the bulkhead behind where the head/toilet mounts, but too pixelated to tell when I zoom in. If it is a hole, it could be where the wires from the switch exited to connect to the head/toilet.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

melp64

Quote from: Jon W on September 06, 2023, 11:56:53 AM
As Alex and Steve said that was added by a PO for any number of reasons. Do you have an electric or a manual/pump head/toilet? I ask because it looks like there is a small hole in the bulkhead behind where the head/toilet mounts, but too pixelated to tell when I zoom in. If it is a hole, it could be where the wires from the switch exited to connect to the head/toilet.

the toilet has a electric motor but the spot I think you are seeing is a piece of velcro I think was attached to the lid. not sure though
Dan

melp64

Well I think I solved the question of the button, I believe it was a button to flush the toilet. I found some wires I think went to the button and then to the toilet. This weekend I really had to get deep into the bulkhead in the bathroom, I had to cut out the bad part of the bulk head I then made a new piece to fit back in. Next weekend I will coat the backside of the board with epoxy install it and then use fiberglass mesh to bond the old with the new piece. If I have time this season I plan on using FRP board on all the ares that are white formica in the bathroom. I ended up pitching the toilet looking at new ones on defender. I maybe regretting that decision. How can such a small toilet cost 1000.00
Dan

waughoo

I bought a raritan superflush household bowl for my boat.  Darn happy with it.  Worth looking into buying it from this place (linked below) as they have a rather awesome price.  I live locally tk them so I avoided shipping.

https://marinesan.com/raritan-superflush-p101-small-bowl-toilet/
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

melp64

wow thats a huge difference compared to 950.00
Dan

Jon W

I have the raritan superflush household bowl and am very happy with it as well. Much of the lower price is because it's a manual toilet, not an electric toilet.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

waughoo

That shop has a pretty hot deal on that toilet. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jon W

Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca