Aft Water tank - aft wall in aft berth (a lot of afts)

Previous topic - Next topic

Baysider

Yes Noah, the barb looks like it's at a bit of an angle which is very troubling to me, but so far I'm not seeing and leakage.  I assume it's a fitting that screws into the tank?  It was hard to tell with the tank in place.
1990 Standard Rig
Wing Keel
Hull 1011
Safe Harbor Willsboro Marina
Lake Champlain, NY

waughoo

I happened to have enough slack in mine to get the tank out without removing the shift and throttle cables.  I removed mine out to port and around.  The tank has a bit more room to port for the triangular extension vs to stbd due to the hanging locker.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

scgunner

Baysider,

I've had to remove my tank a number of times for various reasons so I've gotten pretty good at it not that it was my goal. On top the vent and fill lines are fairly easy to remove then I twist the fill elbow inward, it makes a good handle when you're horsing the tank out. Drain the tank by pulling the hose off the supply line elbow, you can access it though the opening in the floor. If the supply line elbow is too tight to remove by hand you can pull the tank forward to the notch in the bulkhead and gently loosen it with a crescent wrench. Next disconnect the throttle cable at the motor, the shift cable should be long enough. Then pull a nice loop in the cables so you can pull the tank forward until the starboard corner clears then it's just a matter of wiggling it out. I pull the tank out on the starboard side because there's a lot more work around room, on the port side you're working between the tank and the port side bulkhead.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Baysider

Thanks guys for the advice.  Everyone is always so helpful.  I appreciate that.
1990 Standard Rig
Wing Keel
Hull 1011
Safe Harbor Willsboro Marina
Lake Champlain, NY