Cruising Asym

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Laver

We bought a cruising asym for our 34 back in 2019 and have used it exactly once; when the sailmaker came out with us to make sure everything worked to our spec. It did, it was beautiful, and we never used it again.  I underestimated the amount of time we'd use it for the kind of sailing my wife and I do, as well as the work involved for two people 'of a certain age.' The sail was built by Luis Gianotti (LG Sails) in San Diego, who was a designer for UK Sails before he went out on his own.

Asymmetric spinnaker from LG Sails. Cruising model, step up construction, front and foot sections 1.5 oz, back 0.75 ox. Challenge nylon (40/60% mix). 4-color layout. Spinnaker box bag. ATN Spinnaker sleeve

Rigging for spinnaker:
- 140' 3/8" (10mm) regatta braid for spinnaker sheet
- 1 Ronstan RF6210 snap shackle for spinnaker tack line
- 3 Ronstan RF44100 blocks, swivel head 12mm rope, for spinnaker sheet fairleads (on aft cleats) and tackline (on anchor roller bale).
- 2 Ronstan 6mm soft shackle for turning blocks.

We spent over 3300 USD for the sail and associated rigging. I'd like to get 2K. I've attached some pix from our trial run.

Thanks
- Mick

Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

Whidbey Tyson

Mick,
Do you still have this spinnaker? I'm interested.

Thanks,
Tyson
1997 C34 MKII #1335

Mick Laver

Hi Whidbey
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I still have it.
- Mick
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

Whidbey Tyson

Mick,
I just bought my boat last year, she didn't come with a spinnaker so I'm thinking it would be a nice addition. 
Do you have any pictures of the bow pulpit attachment? I'm curious how you have the snap shackle attached. 

I live in Washington; would you be willing to split the shipping cost. My zip is 98239 if you want to estimate shipping.

Thanks,
Tyson
1997 C34 MKII #1335

Mick Laver

Hi Whidbey. I'll take this offline and send a PM.
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

Dawntrader

I am interested  is your boat a standard rig or tall rig
Peter Penfold
Peter penfold
1986 C-34 MK1
Hull # 184

Mick Laver

Hi Peter
Sorry I should have posted something. The sail has been sold.

My rig's a standard.

- Mick
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA