Outboard engine harness to lift with

Previous topic - Next topic

pbyrne

Just installed the Garhauer engine lift, and now looking for a good outboard harness to lift with.

I've noticed that the Davis one has a metal 'bar' handle and not a place to connect the lift to as an attachment point.  This type of harness seems to be good for manually moving the engine but not for a lift.

Any suggestions on a good sturdy harness for the outboard for the new lift?
2000 Catalina 34 MK II #1534

Ron Hill

pby : My motor harness is a simple 1" nylon strap that "figure 8s" around the motor and is secured at the end in a metal clip !!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

pbyrne

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 05, 2023, 03:10:03 PM
pby : My motor harness is a simple 1" nylon strap that "figure 8s" around the motor and is secured at the end in a metal clip !!

A thought

Interesting.  Do you have a picture?  I think I get it.  Does the eight cross over on the leg under the motor, and you clip the two ends of the eight together at the top of the engine with a clip?

Where did you get the webbing?
2000 Catalina 34 MK II #1534

Ron Hill

pby : You can get 1" wide NYLON web strapping at any fabric store.  Look in Sailrite for the metal buckle that you thread the strap thru and then back under that clip to tighten and secure!!  It also has a metal "D" ring (captive - sewn in and the figure 8 goes thru) so it attached to my motor lift line clip.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Wurlitzer1614

I have this one and have used it on both a 9.9 Evinrude and 3.5 Mercury. It seems to do the job just fine!

https://defender.com/en_us/c-level-universal-easylift-motor-tote-8877
Trevor - 1988 - #815 - WK - M25XP - West Michigan