Replacing hot water tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

Just a thank you to all of you that have put articles on this forum on how to take out the old and put in the new. There were many articles over the years on this forum.
Read most of them.  Replacing the old water heater(19yrs old) a seaward with a new seaward today.
Thanks,
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Paul : Should be straight forward!!  Comes out thru the removed side door/frame under the galley sink.  Two screws hold it down.  Need a LONG screwdriver for the starboard screw.!!

a few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

Thanks Ron.  It was straight forward.  Finished installation this morning.  I believe Ron that I read your post from a few years back.  No sure, because I read a lot of posts.
Appreciate your follow up.
Thanks,
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Noah

I dread the day when I have to replace either my HW tank or my muffler. Next to the HW I have a big negative bus bar, PEX HW plumbing, a HW temperature regulator valve and my Echo charger. Under the head sink, I have a big Racor turbine fuel filter, PEX hot water plumbing, and on the door, Balmer voltage regulator, and Marine Elegance toilet brain control box. Yikes! Nightmare!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

scgunner

Noah,

Looks like you painted yourself into a corner.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Noah

Ha! I put it all in and someday I will be forced to take it all out again! Hopefully, that someday is far off...and when its time comes, that I am not to old for boat yoga!
8)
Standard Rig

waughoo

Noah... I am about to install a wakespeed regulator and got kinda excited about seeing your balmar on the door!  Might have to consider that as an option.  I would like to free up space on the stbd side head under sink area for some other activities.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Balmer placement on the door was predicated on warning to NOT install in engine compartment due to heat. So far, 6+ years, has worked well on the door, which was the next best placement I could find.
Standard Rig

Ed Shankle

Another location option; I installed my Balmar on the wall of the shelf in the aft cabin. Drilled a hole in the shelf to run the wire sleeve thru.
Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

Guys : My Balmar reg. is under the Racor with a cutaway Tupperware box over top for protection.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Noah

Ron—in that location, it is hard to see the display screen to program read switches, check any errors, etc., in that location?
Standard Rig

Ron Hill

Noah : What I did was to move the Racor up near the top of that compartment wall!!  That way the Balmar was in a position that I could program it.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788