Hull number

Previous topic - Next topic

Porchhound

I found an old discussion from Oct 2001 discussing deck vs keel stepped masts and hull numbers. It appears deck stepped was an option, as in the 6/86 boat I'll be surveying. My hull number is ctypo162c686. Anyone know what the "c" denotes?
If human intelligence is insufficient, why think something artificial modeled after it would be better?

KWKloeber

Quote from: Porchhound on October 09, 2022, 08:42:36 PM
I found an old discussion from Oct 2001 discussing deck vs keel stepped masts and hull numbers. It appears deck stepped was an option, as in the 6/86 boat I'll be surveying. My hull number is ctypo162c686. Anyone know what the "c" denotes?

CTY = Catalina Yachts
P= 34 model
0162 = Hull Number
C6* = Built March 1986
86 = Model year 1986

*  In Coast Guard parlance this is actually the "as of" date that the manufacturer certifies that she meets current CG regulations.
It can be the date she goes on the line, or comes off the line, or any day before she leaves the factory.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Porch : I believe that with Catalina the "C6" is the date (March 1986) that the "Keel" was layed (spraying/starting the layup in the mold).

A thought

Ron, Apache #788