Catalina in Huricane Ian

Previous topic - Next topic

WTunnessen

Hopefully all Floridian Catalina owners and their families made it through Hurricane Ian safely and as best as possible.

When I saw this boat on the Weather Channel, I immediately recognized it as a C34 or 36. Hard to say if its low in the water or just heeled way over in big swells.  Hopefully the boat survived. For us East Coasters, this is a worst case scenario.
Gaulois #579 C34 Tall Rig - CYC West River, MD

paule

I think I lost Yachta Yachta Yachta sitting on the keel upright in 20 inches of water have pictures of the inside some hairline cracks and several other cracks.

I hope she can be saved had her from day one will see when I can have her towed out of the mud.

Hope any other owners down in the area are safe and made it through the storm.

Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

Nicholia

Brenda
Ziva, 1986 C34 (87 Model yr), Hull #304, M25
Seattle, WA

mark_53

Quote from: paule on October 05, 2022, 01:46:58 PM
I think I lost Yachta Yachta Yachta sitting on the keel upright in 20 inches of water have pictures of the inside some hairline cracks and several other cracks.

I hope she can be saved had her from day one will see when I can have her towed out of the mud.

Hope any other owners down in the area are safe and made it through the storm.

Wow, "had her from day one".  Not many like that.  Sorry to hear. Keep us posted please.

paule

To keep everybody posted with Ian tow boat came to get yachta I was told four Catalina's were being attend to, two had sunk in Charlotte harbor. My boat and a Catalina 310 were on the hard.

Well it took them 5 hours to get it out of the mud using air bags and rocking the boat. The boat did not take on water and was floating. Towed the boat to a yard in St. James City 40 NM from the dock which was the closest yard. Will try to attach pictures of inside the boat of the cracks and tow boat working on floating her.
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

waughoo

Thanks for the update.  Keep us posted.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte