Leece-Neville - External regulation Conversion kits

Previous topic - Next topic

mainesail

I figured I would post this here first. Years ago Leece-Neville discontinued these kits which put a real damper on our alternator business.We wound up scouring the globe to find any that were still in stock. We re-imported 400+/- from Europe $$$. Finally after two years of begging and pleading they did one last production run of 625 for us before they destroyed the machine that built them.

I have 5 cases of 25 each left. Our landed cost on these was $44.12, I would let them go at cost provided the buyer agrees to not sell them to buyers who don't have a genuine Leece Neville alternator (a contract we had to sign with LN to get these made for us).. If anyone wants to buy the whole lot you can sell them for good money as these are the only ones left in existence. I do not have the capability to sell these one at a time so please don't ask.

I would prefer a local pick up in Maine if possible..
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

waughoo

Mainsail,

If you do find a buyer for the lot, it would be nice to find out who.  I have an interest to buy one kit (or perhaps two) as I have a leece neville) that I would like to convert.

Alex
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Yeah, me too for my old spare alternator. I am sure there are a lot of potential single-unit buyers here. Unfortunately, I fear he may be hard pressed to find a buyer (here) for $5k+ worth. I hope he can. So far mine has worked great for 8 years on my 90A with a Balmer 614 regulator.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Schulcb

I would also be interested to know if/when someone purchases these, as I would like one to convert my 90A LN alternator.
Craig S.
s/v 2nd Chapter
Hull #1675, 2004 mk2, M35bc, Tall Rig
Vancouver, BC

mainesail

If I get to the point where I can ship I will keep you guys in mind. My left arm/hand are still paralyzed so I cannot ship..
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

waughoo

Totally understand Mainsail.  So happy to hear you're on the mend.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Thank you Mainesail! We are all pulling for you. Anything you need please let us know!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig