5'3" feet wide for a cradle.. is that too short?

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthieu G

Hello,

I searched through the group's topics, but couldn't find a specific answer to my question.

I am looking for a cradle for my sailboat and I am confused on the question of the necessary dimensions.
Yes I did see in the manual that the width indicated is 8 feet by 12 feet long. (7.8 wide for the stern, and 7.2 for the bow).

On the other hand I have also read comments from a member on the group indicating that his cradle was about 5 feet wide.

How do I find myself there?   There is a cradle I am currently interested in, it is 12 feet long, but only 5.3 feet wide. Is it too short ?

What are the dimensions of your cradles?

Thanks !
Matthieu Girard
1990 Mk1.5  #1102
Sailing in the Chaleur Bay, Eastern Canada

KWKloeber

I believe that the cradle dimensions are in your owners manual.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Mat : Careful - The 7' 8" and 7' 2" measurements that you quote are the PAD widths. 

Believe that I would stick with the measurements that Catalina gave you on page 5.2 of your Owners Manual.  The pads are positioned so they are against a bulkhead inside the hull and not just against the hull!!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788