Adapting 1 15/16" muffler connect to 1 5/8" exhaust hose 1988 Universal M25XP

Previous topic - Next topic

jlwoodard

Anybody have experience adapting 2" water muffler to 1 5/8" exhaust hose?  Putting new muffler on, same as old; however, the hose is not going to go back on and I am hoping to find a work around without having to replace the entire hose length.

Noah

What muffler did you buy with a 2" hose outlet? You may also have issues at the thru-hull end as well.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

jlwoodard

A Vetus 50R, exact same that was on there.  Technically the hose connect are 1 15/16".

Noah

It would help if you listed your boat's specifics (year hull, engine, etc.) on your signature line to help folks better target responses to your questions.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Quote from: jlwoodard on July 30, 2022, 04:46:07 PM

Anybody have experience adapting 2" water muffler to 1 5/8" exhaust hose?

Yeah about a dozen times at last count.

I recommend a Centek Vernatube 2" x 1-5/8" reducer, which is what I had Bill use when "we" did his 2" muffler.  You can see here where he reduced it down under the sink:
https://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=C34_Exhaust_with_Water_Cooled_Riser#Going_Forward:

It's a one-off size not a fitzall.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain