Anyone know who made this?

Previous topic - Next topic

tmac

I saw an interesting single line traveler control device, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Sorry for the poor photo, but it is the best I could get.  You crank the handle to move the traveler and flip that small lever to reverse the direction.  I've never seen one of these before, and thought it was kind of cool.
I know the handle is a Lewmar, but I contacted them, and they said the unit isn't theirs.
Tom McCanna
Bayfield, WI , Apostle Islands 1988 std. rig C34, #818 M-25xp, wing keel
Lake Superior - No Sharks, No Salt

LogoFreak

Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

waughoo

The handle is interesting and unique as well.  It has a ratchet system in it like a mechanic's ratchet handle.  This allows it to drive in clockwise and ratchet in clockwise or vise versa.  I sought one out for my cabin top winches due to my dodger interfering with a full rotaction of the handle.  This allows me to maintain either the low speed high torque "speed" or the high speed low torque "speed" of the winch.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

tmac

Thanks guys.  I figured at least one of the brain-trust here would know.  Any comments as to how effective they are?  Downsides?  Not really considering one, but ...
Tom McCanna
Bayfield, WI , Apostle Islands 1988 std. rig C34, #818 M-25xp, wing keel
Lake Superior - No Sharks, No Salt

LogoFreak

For how much they are I'd say it's not worth it on our boats. If it was under $200 I'd probably install one on my boat. Looked into it a while ago.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179