Aft cabin bolts Access

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger Dieske

... I need access to the 3 rear starboard bolts/nuts of the rail on the outside of the ledge. these are probably behind the closet in the aft cabin. Can I somehow remove the closet to access the hull/deck from the inside?

Holger
I am from Germany and I use Google-Translator! (and a little bit my brian ;) )

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

LogoFreak

Yes you can, but it involves removing the water tank, cutting out the shelf that's tabbed in and then the aft hanging locker can be removed.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

kh3412

I needed to reach the water fitting in the same area.
I just cut a round hole in the ceiling and closed off with a small port.
1987 mk1 a work in progress #618

waughoo

I went in OVER my shelf for the rear water tank and got up to the deck fill for said tank so I could replace the fill hose.  This can be done without removing the closet "box".  Clearance is tight and if you drop anything, its a gonner between the liner and the hull.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Holger : Is the genoa track that you are talking about in the recesses on the deck or do you also have a track on the top of the gunnel ??

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Holger Dieske

....  on the top of the gunnel.

Holger

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

Ron Hill

Hogler : The only way you'll get to those nuts is to cut in a Beckson Port (screw in cap)

Personally, if I seldom moved the genoa car back that far, I just might ignore tightening them !!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

kh3412

Hope this helps with placement of hole.
The three bolt holes you see in the second picture are the rear pulpit front stanchion mount.
Your bolts are about 6 inches in front.
1987 mk1 a work in progress #618

Noah

KH- Hogler has a Mk1.5, which may be different??
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Holger Dieske

I thank you for the information.

@Ron: I don't just want to tighten them, I want to put the base for arch (I think that's what they call it in English) there.

Holger