M25XP Flywheel to crankshaft connection

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

I'm working on replacing the Damper plate on my 1987 C34 M25-XP, I have no info about any previous replacment.

My very well respected mechanic that is very familiar with C34's and Universal Engines - suggested that the noise made by the engine in a range of RPM is probably the damper plate. He also commented on how it should be changed out about every 1500 hours - we have over 6000 hours on our engine.

I have downloaded the Parts Manual for the M25XP engine but I do not see how the flywheel is attached to the crankshaft.

It's not that I need to remove the flywheel, I'm just curious about it. Anyone know how the flywheel is attached to the crankshaft  - drawings or pictures would be a bonus.

TIA
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

KWKloeber

Paul

https://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Manuals#Universal_M-25.2C_M-25XP.2C_and_A-series_engines_.28M-25XPA.2FXPA.28C.29.3B_M-35A.2F35A.28C.29.29

The Service Manual, Workshop Manual, and Service Manual describes it and the last two have pictures of the butt end of the crankshaft/flywheel.

Then return to the parts manual and see p/n 299506, do a facepalm, and say Ohhhhh!! aloud.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

britinusa

Thanks Ken.

DUH!

:thumb:

I think that also answers my last question about the Torque setting for the Hex Cap Screws that hold the plate in place.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP